Balloon found in Ullswater 'paraglider crash' search
Last updated at 08:02, Thursday, 07 August 2014
A search took place yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after a report that a paraglider had possibly ditched into Ullswater.
Mountain rescue teams, Coastguard members and an RAF helicopter were called to the lake shortly after 3pm.
A large balloon was found in the water and it was concluded that this had been mistaken for a paraglider.
Teams continued searching after its discovery as a precaution but were stood down at 4.50pm.
First published at 16:43, Wednesday, 06 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Major changes revealed to Cumbria's hospitals (16 comments)
- Volunteers taking on civilian roles with Cumbria police (8 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (19 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (48 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (17 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (21 comments)
- Carlisle star Matt Pagan gutted as Collabro Xmas lights switch-on called off (34 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (86 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (14 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbrian brothers accused of GBH were ‘watching rugby match’ - court
- Pram push to highlight concerns over West Cumberland Hospital services
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (7 comments)
- Hurtful parish letter puts vicar out of action
- Workington Jobcentre first in Cumbria to go digital