Balaclava-clad pair demand money from Carlisle households
Last updated at 11:55, Monday, 26 November 2012
Police are hunting two balaclava-clad men wielding a stick who demanded money from a householder on Carlisle’s Botcherby estate.
They believe the incident on Friday may be linked to another attempt to extract money at a property in Durranhill the same evening.
In both cases the men left empty handed.
Officers say two men entered a house in Applewood Close, Botcherby, just after 10pm. There was a struggle with the occupant, a 20-year-old man, who took the stick from them.
They ran off in the direction of Durranhill Road.
Shortly afterwards, two men went to an address in Cumrew Close, Durranhill. They demanded money from an 18-year-old man and woman aged 28.
The first man is described as white, 5ft 6in tall, of stocky-to-medium build, with dark eyebrows and dark clothes. He was carrying an something similar to a golf club.
The second man was in his early twenties, 6ft tall, of skinny build, wearing a light-beige jacket and carrying a wooden brown handle object.
Police are appealing for information.
First published at 11:52, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|