Balaclava-clad pair demand money from Carlisle households
Last updated at 11:55, Monday, 26 November 2012
Police are hunting two balaclava-clad men wielding a stick who demanded money from a householder on Carlisle’s Botcherby estate.
They believe the incident on Friday may be linked to another attempt to extract money at a property in Durranhill the same evening.
In both cases the men left empty handed.
Officers say two men entered a house in Applewood Close, Botcherby, just after 10pm. There was a struggle with the occupant, a 20-year-old man, who took the stick from them.
They ran off in the direction of Durranhill Road.
Shortly afterwards, two men went to an address in Cumrew Close, Durranhill. They demanded money from an 18-year-old man and woman aged 28.
The first man is described as white, 5ft 6in tall, of stocky-to-medium build, with dark eyebrows and dark clothes. He was carrying an something similar to a golf club.
The second man was in his early twenties, 6ft tall, of skinny build, wearing a light-beige jacket and carrying a wooden brown handle object.
Police are appealing for information.
First published at 11:52, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)