Bail extended for manslaughter suspect
Last updated at 12:15, Saturday, 09 February 2013
A man arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of mum Mica Atkinson has had his bail extended.
The 22-year-old from Whitehaven died in November, leaving devastated family, friends and her two-year-old daughter Lilly.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. After answering police bail, he has been re-bailed until April while detectives continue with their investigations.
An inquest was opened in December into Miss Atkinson’s death, by West Cumbria coroner, David Roberts. The hearing was adjourned until June 13.
First published at 12:10, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|