Bail extended for manslaughter suspect
Last updated at 12:15, Saturday, 09 February 2013
A man arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of mum Mica Atkinson has had his bail extended.
The 22-year-old from Whitehaven died in November, leaving devastated family, friends and her two-year-old daughter Lilly.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. After answering police bail, he has been re-bailed until April while detectives continue with their investigations.
An inquest was opened in December into Miss Atkinson’s death, by West Cumbria coroner, David Roberts. The hearing was adjourned until June 13.
First published at 12:10, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|