Baby falls 20ft from window, Carlisle woman charged
Last updated at 11:57, Wednesday, 18 April 2012
A woman is to appear in court charged with child neglect after a baby fell 20ft from a first-floor window.
The 14-month-old girl suffered a broken nose after toppling from a bedroom window in a street off Warwick Road, Carlisle, on Monday afternoon.
Miraculously, she survived the fall, despite landing face down on the pavement below.
A neighbour had spotted the girl falling and had rushed across the street but was unable to catch her.
Paramedics treated the baby at the scene before taking her to the Cumberland Infirmary where her condition is described as stable.
A woman in her 30s, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear before magistrates in Carlisle on Thursday May 3.
She was released by police yesterday on conditional bail.
A police spokeswoman told the News & Star the baby remained in hospital where she was receiving treatment for a broken nose and other facial injuries.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 18 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)