Baby cut free from west Cumbria crash wreckage
Last updated at 11:11, Saturday, 10 November 2012
A baby boy was cut free from the wreckage of a crash that blocked a main road in west Cumbria.
The driver of a Ford Mondeo was taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm after his car was in collision with a flatbed lorry on the A596 near Workington yesterday.
Firefighters cut the roof off the car to remove the man and the boy, who was in the back of the car.
The child, who police said was well strapped in, was uninjured.
The lorry driver was also unhurt.
Traffic was backed up in both directions after the crash, which happened between the New Balance factory at Flimby and the Indorama factory at Siddick.
The road was closed while firefighters freed the people from the car and police then directed traffic while the scene was cleared.
The accident happened at 3.30pm
First published at 10:24, Saturday, 10 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)