Award-winning photography student in plea for return of stolen camera
Last updated at 12:30, Monday, 17 December 2012
An award-winning photography student has been left devastated after a thief stole a bag which contained all her camera kit.
The man who stole the £4,000 worth of equipment last week pleaded guilty to his crime in court and is now serving a 10-week jail sentence.
But police have issued a fresh appeal for information after confirming that there is still no trace of the stolen photography kit.
Detectives believe that the thief sold his booty within hours of stealing it.
Magistrates’ heard how 31-year-old Anthony Robson, of no fixed abode, struck after spotting his victim’s equipment in the Little Frankie’s restaurant in Lowther Street, Carlisle.
After the case, detective constable Jay Ritson, of Cumbria Constabulary, said: “The stolen equipment was owned by a local student photographer, who was the highest performing student photographer in Scotland in 2012. She has no means to replace the stolen items and cannot run her business or pursue her studies without a camera. She is distraught.”
The stolen kit included a Canon 55D camera body; a Canon 5D Mark 3 camera body;a 150mm lens and an 85mm lens. Anybody with information can call Cumbria police on 101, or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:28, Monday, 17 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles