X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 28 November 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Attack man facing long prison sentence, Carlisle court told

A 25-year-old Workington man faces being sent to prison after he admitted assaulting another man during a night out in Whitehaven.

Jamie Cogan, from Alexander Close, pleaded guilty to the attack when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court but denied carrying a weapon.

Defence barrister Mark Shepherd said: “This is a serious matter which will lead to a lengthy term of imprisonment.”

The incident was in June and Cogan had been accused of carrying a letter opener in Queen Street.

However, Gerard Rogerson, prosecuting, said he accepted the “not guilty” plea because the alleged weapon was not produced.

Judge Paul Batty adjourned the case for reports and said that sentencing would be either at the end of September or the beginning of October.

Cogan was released on conditional bail and will be electronically monitored.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Black Friday tomorrow. Will you be fighting for a bargain?

Sure will. Big savings are worth pushing and shoving for

No way. Another American import I want nothing to do with

Love a bargain but, from experience, I can waste too much money on stuff I don't need

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: