Arrest warrant issued for Cumbrian sailor
Last updated at 09:02, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a man from the Keswick area who is believed to have left the country on a ship.
Graeme Donald James Gentles, 24, was due at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday on drugs charges.
But he failed to attend, with his solicitor telling the judge his absence was “not unexpected” since he had “got a job training on a merchant ship”.
Gentles, of Brackenhill, Braithwaite, near Keswick, is due back in July and will be arrested unless he gives himself up to the police as soon as his ship docks.
He is accused of seven charges of possessing, producing or supplying class A and B drugs including cannabis, methylenedioxymethylamphetamine (MDMA) and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD).
First published at 08:59, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)