Arrest warrant issued for Carlisle sex trial man
Last updated at 12:25, Monday, 21 July 2014
An arrest warrant has been issued for a 44-year-old Carlisle man who faces three charges of sexually touching a woman without consent.
Mohammed Fafzul Islam, whose address was given as the Shaha Restaurant, Botchergate, is said to have committed the offences on September 29, 2008.
He has previously denied all three allegations.
Islam elected to have the matter dealt with by a jury at Carlisle Crown Court.
It is further alleged that on November 24, 2008, Islam failed without a reasonable excuse to surrender at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court when required to do so.
First published at 12:24, Monday, 21 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (46 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (172 comments)
- Bus firm Stagecoach increasing fares across Cumbria (30 comments)
- Group closer to buying Lake District mountain (8 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss attacks 'weak' players who don't deserve to be professionals (83 comments)
- Binge drinking costs Cumbrian taxpayers £130m a year - study (17 comments)
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (80 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (56 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (108 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Rapist jailed for terrifying attack
- Prudhoe homes in doubt
- Woman raped in Prudhoe
- Attempted rape accused was not alone with girl, 13, Cumbrian court told
- Swimming pool opening times
- Carlisle man on teenage girl rape charge
- The sad story of the Buzz Factory
- This road must be tackled now
- Neglect and gross failure contributed to girl's death in hospital
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES