Arrest after man attacked behind Carlisle pub
Published at 10:48, Monday, 16 April 2012
Police said a man suffered “significant injuries” after being repeatedly punched and pushed to the ground during an afternoon attack behind a pub.
The man, 34, was taken to hospital after being beaten by a thug in the smoking area behind the Crown Inn on Botchergate in Carlisle.
Police said an investigation was launched immediately after the violence, at 3.45pm yesterday. The victim later discharged himself from the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
Officers said a man, 41, described as local, was arrested on suspicion of assault today.
He remains in police custody this morning for questioning.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)