Arrest after man attacked behind Carlisle pub
Published at 10:48, Monday, 16 April 2012
Police said a man suffered “significant injuries” after being repeatedly punched and pushed to the ground during an afternoon attack behind a pub.
The man, 34, was taken to hospital after being beaten by a thug in the smoking area behind the Crown Inn on Botchergate in Carlisle.
Police said an investigation was launched immediately after the violence, at 3.45pm yesterday. The victim later discharged himself from the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
Officers said a man, 41, described as local, was arrested on suspicion of assault today.
He remains in police custody this morning for questioning.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row erupts in Carlisle over £80 fines for not using gullsacks (21 comments)
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (17 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (15 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (4 comments)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (8 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (75 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (7 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|