Police armed with tasers sent to domestic incident
Last updated at 19:00, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Police officers armed with taser guns were called to the scene of a domestic incident in Carlisle yesterday evening which resulted in a man being arrested.
Officers were called around 5.30pm to Chatsworth Square, just off Victoria Place, to attend the scene of a domestic incident which caused a man to be wounded.
The victim suffered minor injuries to his hand during the incident.
A police spokeswoman said: "There was some suggestion that the wound was a slash wound so officers with tasers attended."
She added that the tasers were merely a precaution and were not used in the incident.
The man, aged 49, from Carlisle, was arrested on suspicion of assault and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
First published at 18:16, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Raising the baa: 23.5lb woolly mammoth shocks Ulverston farmer
- Moving tributes to ‘one-off’ Cumbria campaigner for disabled (2 comments)
- Ulverston death sparks fears of drug menace’s return
- barrow chairman keen leads tributes to emlyn
- Nail-biting final in search for stars in Cumbria
- Mystery over abbot’s burial in presbytery
- Cumbria residents say they will fight to get nightmare section of A595 upgraded (3 comments)
- Featherstone Castle
- Millom boy racers face town centre ban (7 comments)
- Two vehicle car crash on Cumbria A595