Police armed with tasers sent to domestic incident
Last updated at 19:00, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Police officers armed with taser guns were called to the scene of a domestic incident in Carlisle yesterday evening which resulted in a man being arrested.
Officers were called around 5.30pm to Chatsworth Square, just off Victoria Place, to attend the scene of a domestic incident which caused a man to be wounded.
The victim suffered minor injuries to his hand during the incident.
A police spokeswoman said: "There was some suggestion that the wound was a slash wound so officers with tasers attended."
She added that the tasers were merely a precaution and were not used in the incident.
The man, aged 49, from Carlisle, was arrested on suspicion of assault and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
First published at 18:16, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|