Cumbria police arrest man, 81, on suspicion of murder
Last updated at 07:29, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
An investigation is continuing today into the death of an 80-year-old woman.
The woman - named locally as Meryl Parry - was found dead at a house in Dale, near Ainstable, yesterday morning.
An 81-year-old man has been arrested and is helping police with their inquiries.
Emergency services were called at about 6.15am yesterday.
Firefighters forced their way into the building, before police entered.
Inside they discovered Mrs Parry and the man. She was pronounced dead at the scene, while the man needed medical attention. Both are from Ainstable.
The man was taken to Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary for treatment. He was later arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation. They believe it to be a domestic incident.
First published at 11:21, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|