Accountant stole cash from ex-employer, Carlisle court told
Published at 12:03, Thursday, 03 May 2012
An accountant appeared before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court today accused of stealing nearly £440,000 from his former employers.
Anthony John Ansell, 57, previously of Cockermouth, is charged with stealing £262,054 between June 2008 and March last year from the Greengarth Business Park at Holmrook.
A second charge alleges that he stole £177,704, also between June 2008 and March 2011.
Ansell was not asked to enter pleas and the case was adjourned at the request of his defence barrister.
Ansell was remanded on bail until July 27 on condition that he hands in his passport and lives at an address in Hyde, Cheshire.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|