Man admits string of sex offences covering 20 years
A sixty-year-old Brampton man has admitted a string of sex offences against young girls.
Alan Farish, of St Martin's Drive, Brampton, entered guilty pleas to six offences - one of inciting a child to commit an act of gross indecency with a child, and five of causing or inciting the girls to engage in sexual activity.
The first offence was committed against a child aged 13 on at least five occasions on dates in 1996 or 1997.
The second two offences - also happening on at least five occasions - were committed against girls aged 11 and 12.
The next two offences were against girls aged 12 and 15 respectively, also on at least five occasions.
The final offence, in March last year, was against a 15-year-old girl.
Greg Hoare, for Farish, said the defendant had no previous convictions and that he had suffered a significant stroke in 2009 which had affected both his physical and his mental health.
Sentencing was adjourned for background reports, ahead of sentencing on October 6.
The defendant was granted bail but told that his name will now go on the Sex Offenders Register. He was told he must not contact any of the prosecution witnesses or victims in the case.