£100,000 makeover for Carlisle United fans’ pub
Last updated at 12:18, Saturday, 31 March 2012
A favourite haunt of Carlisle United fans is in line for a £100,000 makeover.
The Beehive, near the club’s Brunton Park home on Warwick Road, will call time on its old look on April 9.
It will close until Saturday, April 21, when it will reopen with a new look as one of the John Barras pub chain. The move will see developments in the food, sport and entertainment aspects of the pub.
General manager Michael Wheatley said: “We cannot wait to introduce the John Barras brand to our community.
“The changes will allow us to enhance our offering and the guest experience while still retaining the community hub aspect that makes our pub so special.”
Developments will include the opening of a new beer garden which will boast a large outdoor television.
Inside, the bar will be refurbished, as will the toilets.
New equipment will also be installed in the kitchens with staff aiming to build on the menus they offer.
The Beehive is one of Carlisle’s best-known pubs.
It was washed out following the floods that devastated the Warwick Road area and other parts of the city in 2005. But it survived the crisis that followed and was reopened following a major revamp.
Its latest new look will see the pub branded as a John Barras establishment.
The brand is part of the Spirit pub company, which owns and manages 800 managed pubs in the UK.
Others in its portfolio include the Flaming Grill, which has opened in the former Gosling Bridge pub off Kingstown Road, Carlisle, following a revamp of that establishment.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 31 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|