New dino exhibit roars into action
Published at 11:07, Thursday, 16 June 2011
THE Beacon’s spectacular new dinosaur exhibit roared into action on Saturday.
Special guest Steve Leonard – vet, wildlife TV presenter and adventurer – opened the display that includes digital animations and full-sized dinosaur replicas as well as including the skull of Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.
The BBC Walking with Dinosaurs Exhibition, based on the award-winning television series, also looks at the science behind the series and tells visitors to the Whitehaven museum more about dinosaurs and how they lived.
The exhibition is showing in The Beacon’s Harbour Gallery and museum until September 4 and is open Tuesday to Sunday (and school holiday Mondays) from 10am to 4.30pm. Admission is included in the usual museum price of £5 for adults and £1.50 for children.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)