NHS regulators are being drafted in to oversee the running of key north Cumbrian NHS services - including the two main hospitals. (5 comments)
- Pensioner taken to hospital after car crash
- Twelve years for knifeman who robbed Carlisle shop
- Unconscious man rescued near Carlisle river
- Demolition to start soon at former chemicals factory site
- Carlisle man sent to jail after driving while banned
- Hospital trust's medical boss gets new job in north east
- Cumbrian man charged with murder remanded in custody
- Center Parcs Whinfell Forest sold in £2.5bn deal
A murder suspect has been refused bail by a high court judge on the grounds that he is a “flight risk”.
A Cumbrian police chief has defended the force’s private data interception work, pointing out that it is not about “snooping” on people’s private conversations.