Thief steals cash and trolley from partially sighted pensioner
Published at 22:06, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
A thief stole a shopping trolley - containing £100 in cash - from a partially sighted woman in a Carlisle discount store.
The theft happened at the city's Poundland store on Scotch Street.
The trolley, which was black and white spotted, contained £100 cash, groceries, children's sunglasses and adult prescription sunglasses.
Police say it was left unattended on Friday afternoon and are looking for a woman aged 65-75 who is believed to have walked into the store and taken the trolley.
She is described as having grey, permed hair. She was carrying a bag across her shoulder and chest and was wearing a dark, long coat with a fur like collar,
Police say she was last seen walking out of the shop towards The Lanes Shopping Centre and Lowther Street.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Fordyce on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)