Man rescued after 65ft plunge
Published at 19:55, Sunday, 01 June 2014
A man fell 65ft while walking above Haweswater.
The 72-year-old suffered head, knee and hand injuries and had to be rescued this afternoon by members of Patterdale Mountain Rescue team.
The team were called to the scene between Threshwaite mouth and Thornwaite Beacon just after 2.30pm, along with the North West Air Ambulance from Blackpool.
The man, from Somerset, was flown to a hospital in Lancaster for treatment.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (18 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (28 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash