Man rescued after 65ft plunge
Published at 19:55, Sunday, 01 June 2014
A man fell 65ft while walking above Haweswater.
The 72-year-old suffered head, knee and hand injuries and had to be rescued this afternoon by members of Patterdale Mountain Rescue team.
The team were called to the scene between Threshwaite mouth and Thornwaite Beacon just after 2.30pm, along with the North West Air Ambulance from Blackpool.
The man, from Somerset, was flown to a hospital in Lancaster for treatment.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)