Man rescued after 65ft plunge
Published at 19:55, Sunday, 01 June 2014
A man fell 65ft while walking above Haweswater.
The 72-year-old suffered head, knee and hand injuries and had to be rescued this afternoon by members of Patterdale Mountain Rescue team.
The team were called to the scene between Threshwaite mouth and Thornwaite Beacon just after 2.30pm, along with the North West Air Ambulance from Blackpool.
The man, from Somerset, was flown to a hospital in Lancaster for treatment.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle venue defends promotion of top comic's show after low turn-out (29 comments)
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- Parks ban would make smokers outcasts in society, says senior Carlisle councillor (13 comments)