Man rescued after 65ft plunge
Published at 19:55, Sunday, 01 June 2014
A man fell 65ft while walking above Haweswater.
The 72-year-old suffered head, knee and hand injuries and had to be rescued this afternoon by members of Patterdale Mountain Rescue team.
The team were called to the scene between Threshwaite mouth and Thornwaite Beacon just after 2.30pm, along with the North West Air Ambulance from Blackpool.
The man, from Somerset, was flown to a hospital in Lancaster for treatment.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)