Couple flee Carlisle house fire
Last updated at 11:45, Thursday, 07 June 2012
An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.
A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.
Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.
Police also attended the scene.
First published at 10:31, Tuesday, 05 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash