Couple flee Carlisle house fire
Last updated at 11:45, Thursday, 07 June 2012
An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.
A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.
Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.
Police also attended the scene.
First published at 10:31, Tuesday, 05 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)