Couple flee Carlisle house fire
Last updated at 11:45, Thursday, 07 June 2012
An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.
A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.
Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.
Police also attended the scene.
First published at 10:31, Tuesday, 05 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (30 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)