X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 06 March 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Couple flee Carlisle house fire

An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.

A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.

Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.

Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.

Police also attended the scene.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

How important are books in your life?

Essential! I always have at least one book on the go. Love reading

Quite enjoy reading a book on holiday. But that's all

Like the idea of reading more but never have the time. I watch a lot of TV

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: