X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Couple flee Carlisle house fire

An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.

A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.

Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.

Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.

Police also attended the scene.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Are we neglecting north Cumbria's heritage and tourist attractions while concentrating on the Lake District?

Yes, the Lakes have always taken all the investment

No, nothing in the north can compare with anything the Lake District

Nothing will change now. We are Cumbria's forgotten corner

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: