X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Couple flee Carlisle house fire

An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.

A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.

Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.

Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.

Police also attended the scene.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Will you be turning out the lights in honour of those who fell in WW1?

Yes, it will be a fitting and moving collective tribute. I want to be part of it

No. I can't see it will make any difference to anything

I prefer to remember all those who died in all wars in my own way

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: