X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Sunday, 21 December 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Couple flee Carlisle house fire

An elderly couple were taken to hospital after a fire in their home.

A faulty electric heater is believed to have caused the blaze in their bungalow on Highwood Crescent, Harraby, Carlisle.

Neighbours saw both of them walk from their house this morning before being taken in an ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation at the Cumberland Infirmary.

Firefighters received a 999 call at 7.58am and spent about an hour at the property.

Police also attended the scene.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Are positive efforts to encourage more women into the nuclear industry necessary?

Efforts to better educate girls at school in sciences, technologies & maths would be more worthwhile

No, unless well qualified women are being turned away at Sellafield's door

Yes, girls and women need to know their career options are limitless

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: