Pop band Madness helped to attract the biggest crowd of the year - more than 7,500 - to Carlisle Racecourse last night.
- A596 fatality named
- Electricity back on in Carlisle power cut homes
- Cumbrian man charged with Gordon Smith murder
- Woman's pet dog was starving, dehydrated and flea-ridden - court
- Cumbrian man jailed after stealing trainspotter's camera
- Man assaulted girl, 16, in bus station
- Husband could not cope with dementia stricken wife, inquest told
- Woman dies after falling from Cumbrian fell
Scenes of sorrow, anger and frustration filled St Bees as more than 400 years of history came to an end.