A father has been jailed after police officers found him in an alcoholic stupor while he was supposed to be caring for his young daughter.
- Cumbria police appeal after 'disorder' at pub
- Carlisle shop worker stole from employer
- Six shotguns stolen in raid on Cumbrian farm
- Tributes paid as Carlisle dad dies aged 30
- Head of Carlisle school retiring after 12 years in charge
- Cumbrian man warned he faces jail for child sex offences
- Taxi fares rise in Allerdale set to be ditched
Firefighters rescued a woman who was stuck on the roof of a porch in Charles Close, Workigton, at 4.50am yesterday.
A LISTED hall has become the first ever property in Cumbria to be to be given a coveted “superior quality” award.
POLICE patrols have been increased after reports that children were chased by men in Hawkshead.
A SHOE shop is inviting families to boost foot health while raising money for charity.
A GREEN Party candidate has welcomed a decision to extend a Cumbrian offshore windfarm.
A VETERAN cyclist will be joined by his son, grandson and brother-in-law when he wheels out his 65-year-old bike for a 55-mile charity ride.
AN OFFICER from Cumbria Police will represent the UK at a special memorial week in the USA.
A CUMBRIAN MEP says that the country’s first carbon capture power station is “vital for our future”.
A judge ordered a man to be arrested in court – after he refused to say who he was.
A man has gone on trial accused of sexually abusing a schoolgirl and using his computer to download thousands of child pornography images.