Fine food on display at major Cumbrian show
Last updated at 11:57, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A major food exhibition will feature some of Cumbria’s finest and most innovative food and drink producers alongside national and international names next week.
Groovy goats ice cream will be showcased alongside Japanese food giant Nihon Shokken at the 2012 Caterite Hotel & Catering Exhibition at Rheged, near Penrith.
The event takes place from 10am to 5.30pm on March 13 and is organised by Caterite Food Service, which shares its headquarters at Embleton near Cockermouth with its sister company, the drinks specialist Grapevine.
More than 50 of Caterite’s suppliers from across the UK and beyond have booked stands to give demonstrations of their products at the exhibition, including 10 from Cumbria.
The exhibition’s different sections include fresh meat, bacon and sausage, groceries and frozen food, non-food and wines, beers and spirits.
International exhibitors include Nihon Shokken, whose most popular products include teriyaki sauce. The Wigton-based Groovy Goat’s Ice Cream Company will be among the Cumbrian firms represented, along with Shaw Meats, also of Wigton, which produces a range of Cumbrian-made salami and chorizo.
Other Cumbrian exhibitors include English Lakes Ice Cream, Appleby Creamery, Brysons, Willow Water, Carvetti Coffee, Classic Desserts, Silver & Green Olive Co and Cumbrian Rural Enterprise Agency, as well as international names like Kellogg’s, Nestle UK, Britivic Soft Drinks, Unilever UK and Heineken.
Anyone wanting to attend can call 017687 76000.
First published at 08:56, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)