Celtic Nation set to show off new signings against Annan
Last updated at 12:26, Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Celtic Nation, formerly known as Gillford Park, kick-off their busy pre-season schedule tonight with a friendly against Annan Athletic (7.30pm).
The newly-promoted outfit will host the Scottish side at Newton Rigg whilst work continues at their Gillford Park home in preparation for the new campaign.
Fans will get a chance to see high-profile new signings Paul Arnison and Adam Boyd in action, with the duo both set to be involved, along with fellow recent recruit Martin Brittain.
The 27-year-old midfielder, who counts Newcastle United and Carlisle United among his former clubs, has signed following his release from Blue Square Premier club Gateshead.
Joint boss Steve Skinner, who forms one third of the team’s management trio alongside fellow ex-Carlisle midfielders Stuart Bell and Graham Anthony, confirmed that the new additions would feature against the Galabankies.
“They’ll be playing,” he said. “We have a squad of 24 players this year.”
“The friendly games are good to get the lads some minutes, and to get the new lads bedded in. Annan have been back a while already as the Scottish league starts earlier, so it’ll be a tough test.”
Celtic Nation will also face Carlisle United, Queen of the South and Whitehaven in the coming weeks, before they begin their Northern League Division One campaign on August 18, at home to South Shields.
First published at 11:31, Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)