Matty Robson a doubt for Carlisle's trip to Sheffield United
Published at 10:29, Saturday, 30 March 2013
Matty Robson is a major doubt for Carlisle United’s trip to Sheffield United on Monday after suffering a recurrence of his back injury.
The winger lasted just nine minutes of the draw with Shrewsbury before he pulled up in pain and had to be replaced.
Manager Greg Abbott said it was too early to know how serious the problem was but Robson is unlikely to figure at Bramall Lane.
“I would say the fact he came off with it on Friday makes him a severe doubt for Monday,” Abbott said.
“He is a big player for us and it was a blow to lose him in a game we started with two strikers who thrive on service.”
A loan move from League Two strugglers Accrington Stanley for out-of-favour defender Mike Edwards fell through before Thursday’s 5pm emergency loan deadline.
Abbott said the basement outfit had been interested in “three or four” of Carlisle’s fringe players with Edwards their priority target.
But Abbott said: “It hit a stumbling block at Accrington’s end and they couldn’t get the deal done.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)