Orient boss demands improvement against Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 12:49, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade has demanded a big improvement from his players when they arrive at Carlisle United on Saturday.
The O’s made hard work of seeing off Conference North outfit Gloucester City last night when they beat them 2-0 in the FA Cup.
Slade’s side required goals in the last five minutes from David Mooney and Dean Cox to avoid a replay. And the Orient manager knows they will have to show a vast improvement at Brunton Park.
Slade said: “It's all about getting through in the FA Cup. We know how difficult it can be from our escapades against Droylsden two years back.
“In the end we got the goals, although we wanted them a little bit earlier.
“We had three really good chances to get goals but to be fair their goalkeeper’s pulled off two fantastic saves. Credit to Gloucester. I thought they gave every last ounce and threw everything at the game but we wore them down in the end, got on top and eventually got the goals.”
First published at 12:46, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (47 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (55 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (44 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)