We can end Carlisle Utd's unbeaten Brunton Park run - Charlton boss
Last updated at 12:32, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Promotion-chasing Charlton boss Chris Powell reckons the Addicks can smash Carlisle United’s long unbeaten run at Brunton Park and take a huge step towards the title.
League One’s leaders are aiming for a hat-trick of victories against the Blues this season when they head for Cumbria on Saturday.
The Addicks, who beat Greg Abbott’s side 4-0 and 2-0 at The Valley in league and cup, could even clinch promotion if results go their way this weekend.
Manager Powell admits it will be a challenge to upset the Cumbrians on their formidable home ground but is backing his side, who have won their last three games.
“It was a real welcome six points for us over the last three days and we go to Carlisle now, which is a really tough game,” Powell said.
“We have beaten them twice already this season and I’ll be looking for us to get a third one.”
Charlton will be promoted this weekend if they beat the Blues and third-placed Sheffield Wednesday fail to win at Colchester.
“If we keep our heads, keep our composure and keep doing what we are doing then we will get there,” Powell added.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)