No pressure on Sunderland to make Liam Noble decision, says Carlisle Utd boss
Last updated at 12:36, Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Liam Noble was left kicking his heels for Sunderland’s reserve team last night as the former Carlisle United loan star’s future remains in limbo.
The midfielder, who Blues boss Greg Abbott wants to bring back to Brunton Park, was an unused substitute for the Black Cats second string in their 3-1 win over Blackburn.
Noble returned to the Stadium of Light after his half-season loan with the Blues in order to discuss his future with new manager Martin O’Neill.
He featured for the reserves against Arsenal last week but did not get on the pitch for Keith Bertschin’s side.
The Sunderland line-up included former Blues loan man Michael Liddle but Noble was one of two unused subs.
Abbott, who would ideally like to sign Noble on a permanent deal, has insisted that he will not put pressure on Sunderland to make a quick decision on the 20-year-old.
“As and when Martin O’Neill has spoken to Liam, he will speak to me,” said the Blues boss.
“I’m not going to be over-pushy. There is an etiquette to doing it.
“We are working closely with someone at Sunderland who will tell us when to move, and that’s still the case.”
Abbott is continuing to monitor striker targets and is aiming to add at least one new face to his squad during the transfer window.
The manager has been boosted by the return to fitness of Andy Welsh, with Stephen O’Halloran also back in training and Craig Curran near to a return.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)