No panic as Carlisle Utd striker Lee Miller sits out friendly
Last updated at 11:37, Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Greg Abbott today insisted there is no panic over Lee Miller despite his talisman striker being forced to miss last night’s friendly at Workington Reds.
Miller, who underwent a hernia operation this summer, was pulled out of the game as a precaution.
The 29-year-old made his return to action when he scored in Friday night’s 3-0 win at Kendal Town after missing the final nine games of last season with a groin strain.
He was a key absentee at Borough Park last night, along with fellow frontman Rory Loy, who is yet to feature in pre-season as he continues his low-key comeback after breaking a leg at Preston on Boxing Day.
However, Abbott insists there was nothing sinister in Miller’s exclusion from the game, and hopes the ex-Middlesbrough striker could feature on Saturday at Barrow.
The Blues boss said: “Rory and Lee have had a fair spell out and they are feeling the effects of 10 really tough days’ work. They will be okay for training on Thursday hopefully and back in the frame to get pitch-time on Saturday.”
Scottish play-maker JP McGovern has been sidelined for both friendlies with a suspected hernia, and the club hopes to establish the extent of his injury today. McGovern suffered the injury in training last week and was not at Workington last night.
First published at 11:28, Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (27 comments)
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Struggling M&S failing to impress Carlisle shoppers (4 comments)
- Bookies don't fancy Carlisle Utd for next season's League One title (5 comments)
- Cumbrian big cat had been spotted before - claim (2 comments)
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (39 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (34 comments)
- Carlisle United must respond if this Celtic Nation grows (23 comments)