McGinty to stay on at Carlisle United but Higginbotham leaves
Published at 11:14, Saturday, 08 December 2012
Carlisle United have extended the loan of Manchester United kid Sean McGinty, but striker Kallum Higginbotham has been recalled by Huddersfield.
Higginbotham made 11 appearances for Carlisle after joining them in September.
McGinty, who joined Carlisle on a month’s loan in November from Manchester United, has had his deal extended until January 5.
The 19-year-old is yet to feature for the Blues but boss Greg Abbott wants McGinty to stay as cover after Peter Murphy was forced to undergo a hernia operation.
Under the terms of the loan, McGinty has continue his development in the Red Devils’ reserve team.
Right-back Frank Simek and midfielder James Berrett are the latest players to be ruled out of today’s home clash with Sheffield United.
Simek has a knee injury while Berrett faces his second game out with a groin strain.
But one piece of bright news for Carlisle is that striker Rory Loy is included in today’s squad for the first time since breaking his leg at Preston on Boxing Day.
Striker Danny Cadamarteri could also be on the bench after stepping up training this week following a groin injury.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (30 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)