McGinty to stay on at Carlisle United but Higginbotham leaves
Published at 11:14, Saturday, 08 December 2012
Carlisle United have extended the loan of Manchester United kid Sean McGinty, but striker Kallum Higginbotham has been recalled by Huddersfield.
Higginbotham made 11 appearances for Carlisle after joining them in September.
McGinty, who joined Carlisle on a month’s loan in November from Manchester United, has had his deal extended until January 5.
The 19-year-old is yet to feature for the Blues but boss Greg Abbott wants McGinty to stay as cover after Peter Murphy was forced to undergo a hernia operation.
Under the terms of the loan, McGinty has continue his development in the Red Devils’ reserve team.
Right-back Frank Simek and midfielder James Berrett are the latest players to be ruled out of today’s home clash with Sheffield United.
Simek has a knee injury while Berrett faces his second game out with a groin strain.
But one piece of bright news for Carlisle is that striker Rory Loy is included in today’s squad for the first time since breaking his leg at Preston on Boxing Day.
Striker Danny Cadamarteri could also be on the bench after stepping up training this week following a groin injury.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Sellafield gets accolade for promoting safe cycling
- Lack of chargers holding back electric car sales in Cumbria
- Candidates’ backing for Carlisle Skills Fair
- Record revenues for Carlisle Racecourse
- Online travel agents accused of dictating to Cumbrian hoteliers
- Carrs Group share price still rising
- Cumberland Building Society launches debit card initiative
- Cumbrian sports business given help to scale new heights
- Three-day exhibition in Cumbria on decomissioning
- Cumbrian businesswoman to reveal secrets of her success
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Cumbrian woman who stole up to 2,500 times jailed
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- £1m EuroMillions Carlisle winners named
- Fans get extra chance to see Withnail and I on site
- Labour’s NHS pledge during shadow minister's visit to Carlisle
- Keswick rescuer leading Himalayas expedition