Leyton Orient boss predicting tough game at Carlisle
Last updated at 10:22, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade is predicting a tough physical challenge for his players at Carlisle United today.
The O’s made hard work of seeing off Conference North outfit Gloucester City on Wednesday night when they beat them 2-0 in the FA Cup.
Their lack of recovery time will be a big test for Slade’s squad today, before they face another trip to Portsmouth on Tuesday night.
Slade, right, said: “The focus now changes to the league and we have two important games away from home on Saturday and Tuesday at Portsmouth so there is a lot of travelling again.
“This is out of the way and we can now get on with the others.
“It’s a challenge that’s very difficult because the preparation time is not ideal but we will do our best.”
Carlisle pair Paul Thirlwell and Matty Robson will be vying for a possible return today after missing recent games with back and ankle injuries respectively.
Blues boss Greg Abbott may consider handing central defender Sean McGinty his debut following his arrival on loan from Manchester United last week. Danny Livesey is still ruled out with a broken hand.
Slade left his more experienced players such as Kevin Lisbie and Martin Rowlands on the bench midweek and it is likely they will return to the starting line-up at Brunton Park.
Slade added: “It’s no secret I did try to rest our 30 somethings, the older brigade if you like, in Martin Rowlands, Lee Cook and Kevin. Obviously I'll have a few fresh legs at my disposal for Saturday whether I select them or not.”
First published at 10:21, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)