Former Carlisle Utd man Murray joins Oldham
Last updated at 11:12, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Veteran former Carlisle United midfielder Paul Murray has joined FA Cup heroes Oldham.
The Latics, fresh from their giantkilling win over Liverpool, have signed 36-year-old Murray until the end of the season following his departure from Hartlepool.
Oldham manager Paul Dickov moved for Murray to cover the loss to injury of Youssouf M'Changama and Cristian Montano, while Dean Furman remains with South Africa at the African Cup of Nations.
It hands Carlisle-born Murray, who had two spells with the Blues after coming through United's youth ranks, an extended stay in League One.
The experienced former England Under-21 and B international is taking his coaching badges but was quick to agree a return to Boundary Park, where he made more than 100 appearances from 2001 to 2004.
Dickov said: "Paul will add experience to the squad and that will be invaluable to the young kids.
"I am delighted to have him on board and he will be another body in our squad."
Murray will not be able to play for the Latics in their Cup fourth round clash with Everton, having featured for Pools in their 6-1 defeat at Chesterfield in the competition last November.
He could make his debut in the league at Walsall on Saturday.
First published at 11:06, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)