Ex-England under-21 ace quits Carlisle Utd trial to link up with Hull
Last updated at 14:14, Friday, 09 March 2012
Carlisle United have missed out on an ambitious bid to land former Middlesbrough and Birmingham City star Stuart Parnaby.
The defender, a free agent, has been training with the Cumbrians and Carlisle were understood to be hopeful of a deal.
But United’s chances of signing the 29-year-old are now fading after Parnaby linked up with Championship club Hull City on trial.
Parnaby, a former England Under-21 international with top-flight experience, played for Hull’s reserves against Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.
The Cumberland News understands Blues manager Greg Abbott was ready to offer terms to the Durham-born player, who came through Middlesbrough’s coaching academy which is headed by his father Dave. The right-back has been without a club since leaving Birmingham at the end of last season and a proposed return to St Andrews last September fell through.
Parnaby – an unused sub when Birmingham won the Carling Cup final last February – has since had trials with Millwall and Hull in his bid to revive his career.
Hull manager Nick Barmby said Middlesbrough coach Steve Agnew had alerted him to Parnaby's availability.
“We'll take a look at him for a couple of weeks and see how it goes,” said Barmby.
United declined to comment on Parnaby.
First published at 14:10, Friday, 09 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)