Ex-Carlisle Utd ace Tom Taiwo could be set to join Bradford
Last updated at 11:54, Monday, 23 July 2012
Former Carlisle United midfielder Tom Taiwo could be set to join League Two outfit Bradford City.
Taiwo, who quit the Blues at the end of last season, featured in Bradford’s 7-1 friendly thumping of Tadcaster Albion on Saturday.
The 22-year-old, a member of Carlisle’s 2011 Johnstone’s Paint Trophy-winning team, rejected the chance to sign a new deal at Brunton Park because he wants to be closer to his West Yorkshire home after becoming a father.
Bantams boss Phil Parkinson could now step in and offer him a deal after watching him in action.
Parkinson fielded two different line-ups in each half against the Northern Counties East League Premier side so he could cast an eye over Taiwo and a number of other trialists.
Taiwo was linked with a possible move to Oldham Athletic earlier this summer.
Meanwhile, Francois Zoko has still not found a new club after also turning down a contract offer from Carlisle at the end of last season.
The Ivorian frontman is still currently living in Carlisle while he sorts out his future.
He has been linked with a move to their League One rivals Sheffield United this summer.
Preston are also thought to have held talks with the 28-year-old, who is available on a free after seeing out his contract at Carlisle.
Zoko’s availability has alerted a number of clubs after he proved a big hit during two seasons at Brunton Park, where he scored 24 goals, including 14 last season.
First published at 11:28, Monday, 23 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (27 comments)
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Struggling M&S failing to impress Carlisle shoppers (4 comments)
- Bookies don't fancy Carlisle Utd for next season's League One title (5 comments)
- Cumbrian big cat had been spotted before - claim (2 comments)
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (39 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (34 comments)
- Carlisle United must respond if this Celtic Nation grows (23 comments)