Carlisle Utd striker Madden joins Yeovil
Published at 14:48, Thursday, 04 October 2012
Striker Paddy Madden has made a surprise loan move to Carlisle United's League One rivals Yeovil.
The out-of-favour forward today completed his month-long move to the Huish Park club and could make his debut against Colchester on Saturday.
Madden, 22, has been unable to hold down a regular place in the United side since his January 2011 move from Bohemians.
He has managed just two goals for the Cumbrians - one against Portsmouth this season - and will be with Yeovil until November 4.
United's recent loan moves for Joe Garner and Kallum Higginbotham have pushed Ireland Under-21 international Madden down the pecking order at United.
Blues boss Greg Abbott said: "Paddy is chomping at the bit to play regular football and this could be an opportunity for him to get that.
"This is something he wants to do. Hopefully he'll get some good pitch time under his belt."
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (27 comments)
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Struggling M&S failing to impress Carlisle shoppers (2 comments)
- Bookies don't fancy Carlisle Utd for next season's League One title (5 comments)
- Cumbrian big cat had been spotted before - claim (2 comments)
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (39 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (34 comments)
- Carlisle United must respond if this Celtic Nation grows (23 comments)