Carlisle Utd striker Craig Curran out for six weeks
Last updated at 11:35, Saturday, 10 December 2011
Carlisle United have suffered an injury blow ahead of their busy Christmas programme after striker Craig Curran was ruled out for six weeks.
Curran underwent knee surgery on Thursday afternoon after complaining of discomfort last week and missing last week’s FA Cup defeat at Charlton.
The 22-year-old, who has made 16 appearances this season, is expected to be out until February and his absence for big festive games against Preston, Huddersfield and Sheffield United will deprive Blues boss Greg Abbott of cover during a packed schedule.
United physio Neil Dalton said: “The surgeon went in there and had a really good look around, but he didn’t find anything to cause too much worry.
“There was a bit of bruising, which is probably the cause of the pain, and there were some areas which needed a tidy-up, so that was all really good news. He’ll now start his recovery process and he should be back in around six weeks’ time.”
First published at 09:01, Saturday, 10 December 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (202 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (39 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)