Carlisle Utd's Liam Noble warned not to repeat controversial tweets
Last updated at 12:38, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Fiery Carlisle United star Liam Noble has escaped FA punishment over his controversial Twitter outbursts.
The Blues midfielder has been the subject of an investigation by the game’s governing body over remarks on the social media website in April.
But the FA have decided that Noble’s comments – made during an online dispute with fans of his former club Sunderland – do not merit disciplinary action.
The 21-year-old has been issued with a letter warning him not to repeat his antics on Twitter, where he branded Sunderland a “**** club with **** fans” and branded a supporter a “mong”.
United – who have subjected Noble to their own internal disciplinary measures – now say it is time to “move on”.
An FA spokesman told News & Star Sport: “We issued [Noble] with a warning letter following the Twitter comments. It was a warning as to his future conduct and a reminder of his responsibilities as a participant of the game with regard to his public comments. Our regulatory team looked at those comments and wrote to remind him about this. We do this as a first contact.
“If it continues to be an issue we could go further down that route.
“But in this case a warning letter has been deemed sufficient.”
Noble’s Twitter account was deleted after just one week after United hauled the midfielder in to explain his actions on the website.
The Blues declined to explain the extent of the in-house disciplinary measures levelled at the former Stadium of Light prospect.
United’s media officer Andy Hall said: “He [Noble] has been the subject of internal club discipline. The FA have looked at it and taken no further action, and we now move on from here.”
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (59 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (79 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (26 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (61 comments)