Carlisle Utd's Chris Chantler ruled out for rest of season
Last updated at 13:27, Friday, 08 February 2013
Carlisle United left-back Chris Chantler has been ruled out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury.
The 22-year-old has not played since the Blues' 1-0 win over Coventry City on January 12.
Physio Neil Dalton said: "Following further consultations with our ankle surgeon, it was decided Chris would undergo surgery immediately rather than wait until the summer.
“This was decided as the best way forward to ensure he will be fit for the beginning of next pre-season. Unfortunately this means he will play no further part in this campaign."
Chantler will have two weeks of rest, in plaster, before starting a rehabilitation programme.
First published at 13:22, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)