Carlisle Utd boss runs rule over Hull's Gavan Holohan
Last updated at 14:01, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Greg Abbott is continuing is search for new talent by running the rule over young Hull midfielder Gavan Holohan.
The 20-year-old Irish player is understood to have been to Brunton Park for a trial earlier this week.
The Hull reserve team regular is out of contract at the Championship club in the summer and is also being eyed by SPL side Hibernian.
Holohan, born in Kilkenny, is believed to have spent time with Abbott’s squad this week.
The Blues declined to confirm whether the Under-19 international has been at the club.
But Holohan confirmed on his Twitter account that he had been in Carlisle on Monday.
He was also due to play in a trial game for Hibs yesterday and it is unclear whether United will be following up their interest in the midfielder.
It is not uncommon for Abbott to run the rule over young trialists over the course of the season and the Blues boss has other players on his radar.
First published at 11:37, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)