Carlisle Utd appeal to fans on eve of FA Cup clash with Bournemouth
Last updated at 13:13, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Carlisle United today called on supporters to respond to Bournemouth’s big travelling army of fans in this weekend’s crucial FA Cup tie.
The in-form Cherries are set to be backed by more than 400 fans, many of whom are taking advantage of free coach travel on Saturday.
The second round tie could have huge implications on United’s finances and the club wants the Carlisle faithful to ensure they are not put in the shade by the hundreds heading up from the south coast.
A spokesman said: “It is always important to get to the third round of the FA Cup, when the big boys come into the competition.
“It is important to have a good crowd singing and shouting up for the team.
“Bournemouth will be bringing good numbers on the free buses they are laying on. After the 4-2 defeat to them a few weeks ago everyone will feel they have something to prove.
“Things have been tough lately so it would be wonderful to get a good occasion at home.”
United’s supporters can save £9 on the normal cost of a ticket this weekend, with adult prices down to £13 if they are bought by 5pm tomorrow.
Greg Abbott’s side face a tough task on Saturday with Eddie Howe’s Cherries unbeaten in 10 games since the manager’s return to the Goldsands Stadium.
Carlisle will report a £124,329 operating loss at the club’s AGM tonight.
Before the first round win against Ebbsfleet, United had said that defeat would have led to more cutbacks behind the scenes at Brunton Park.
A big third round tie would therefore come as a massive shot in the arm to the Cumbrians, whose home crowds have been falling during their poor run of Brunton Park form this autumn.
The Warwick Road End & A Stand will be closed for Saturday’s game.
First published at 13:09, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (60 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (28 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)