Carlisle United top-scorer Garner to return to Watford
Last updated at 11:37, Friday, 14 December 2012
Carlisle United will have to get by without Joe Garner for their final three games of 2012.
The striker’s 93-day loan from Watford runs out on December 19, meaning tomorrow’s trip to Shrewsbury will be the last game of his spell.
Garner is United’s top scorer with eight goals from 17 outings. His departure next week makes the imminent return of Lee Miller from injury – and Rory Loy’s comeback – all the more important.
United would like to bring 24-year-old Garner back permanently in the new year but finances may rule out a move for the Watford man.
At the very least he will not be able to play in Carlisle’s trip to Scunthorpe on December 22, and the home games against Hartlepool (Dec 26) and Bury (Dec 29).
Brunton Park, meanwhile, will host a league game on a Sunday for the first time in more than six years after Carlisle United rescheduled their home clash with Coventry.
They will now host the Sky Blues on Sunday, January 13 after the game was put back 24 hours due to Coventry being in Johnstone’s Paint Trophy action on the previous Thursday. It will be the first Sunday game at Carlisle’s ground since September 3, 2006, when the Cumbrians beat Cheltenham 2-0 in front of a crowd of 7,248.
United’s youth team have been handed a home tie with Shrewsbury in the next round of the Youth Alliance Cup on January 19. Before then, three of Eric Kinder’s Under-18 players will spend the next month on loan at Kendal Town. Alex Salmon, Tom Berwick and Brad Staunch have joined the Evo-Stik Premier Division club and are set to feature against Stafford tomorrow.
First published at 11:28, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (22 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (9 comments)
- Scottish independence: I'm proud to be British (2 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)