Carlisle United match at Crawley called off
Published at 10:08, Friday, 18 January 2013
Carlisle United's League One clash at Crawley has this morning been postponed.
The decision to call the game off followed a pitch inspection at 10am at the Sussex club's Broadfield Stadium.
Parts of the pitch, which had been covered, were frozen, while the likelihood of more snow in the area had led to safety concerns.
An early decision was also made to prevent United and their fans travelling to Crawley, with heavy snow affecting roads in many parts of the country.
Greg Abbott and his Blues squad had been due to set off for Sussex at 10am but will now meet at Brunton Park for a training session.
It is the second Carlisle away game to fall victim to the weather this season after their December trip to Scunthorpe was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
A date has not yet been set for the rearranged trip to Crawley.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash