Carlisle United match at Crawley called off
Published at 10:08, Friday, 18 January 2013
Carlisle United's League One clash at Crawley has this morning been postponed.
The decision to call the game off followed a pitch inspection at 10am at the Sussex club's Broadfield Stadium.
Parts of the pitch, which had been covered, were frozen, while the likelihood of more snow in the area had led to safety concerns.
An early decision was also made to prevent United and their fans travelling to Crawley, with heavy snow affecting roads in many parts of the country.
Greg Abbott and his Blues squad had been due to set off for Sussex at 10am but will now meet at Brunton Park for a training session.
It is the second Carlisle away game to fall victim to the weather this season after their December trip to Scunthorpe was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
A date has not yet been set for the rearranged trip to Crawley.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (65 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (37 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (33 comments)
- Cumbrian MPs reveal their expenses bills (33 comments)