Carlisle United boss Greg Abbott wants new loan signing
Last updated at 12:05, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Manager Greg Abbott will renew his efforts to make a new loan signing after Carlisle United's defence struggled at Scunthorpe.
The Blues boss wants cover at the back with Chris Chantler out for the season.
Abbott is using Matty Robson at left-back but conceded the ex-Hartlepool man had an off-day in the 3-1 defeat at Glanford Park.
The United boss believes Robson can do a capable job in the position but would still like to use him further forward, where Robson has excelled this term.
Asked if a new signing was likely, Abbott said: "I would like to be able to go into the open market, but I'm working in a very limited market.
"We haven’t got the fortunes that other people have to play with. I look at Bournemouth spending £400,000 on a player in January and I feel a bit sorry for myself at times.
"But no excuses, we will try and make the squad a little bit stronger. It's an area where we probably need options.
"Matty has been great going forward, but had a game [at Scunthorpe] where he found it tough. The whole back four did.
"It's an area where I'd like to get some options. If I can do it with the support of the board with what we've got, I will try and make it happen."
Former United striker Paddy Madden is now League One's outright leading scorer after firing his 17th goal of the season in Yeovil's 3-1 win over Preston last night.
First published at 11:50, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)