Carlisle Utd defender Peter Murphy hit by injury
Last updated at 11:28, Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Carlisle United’s injury curse has now struck down Peter Murphy – who the Blues fear could have a hernia problem.
The long-serving defender is the latest of Greg Abbott’s key men to be forced onto the sidelines.
Murphy missed the Doncaster defeat with a stomach/groin problem which United are continuing to assess.
And assistant manager Graham Kavanagh said: “At the moment we’re not sure [how serious it is] but he’s got a problem with his stomach, which might end up being a hernia.
“If that’s the case it would be six weeks. It doesn’t rain but it pours.”
Abbott is already without Danny Cadamarteri, Paul Thirlwell, Lee Miller and Rory Loy.
Danny Livesey was rushed back into the side last night with his broken hand not yet fully healed.
“We are getting the absolute maximum out of the group,” Kavanagh added.
United are also hoping to strike a longer loan deal with Watford for striker Joe Garner, whose second month with the Cumbrians is now up.
But Kavanagh said: “There are one or two options and things that might be happening, so we’re not sure what the outcome might be.
“Joe has been a big part of things and he is one of the leaders in the dressing-room. We will have to see what happens regarding finance and what other options are out there for him.”
First published at 11:15, Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)