Carlisle-born striker Grant Holt in 'stand-off' with Norwich
Last updated at 11:52, Monday, 21 May 2012
Grant Holt is locked in a stand-off with Norwich after the Carlisle-born top-flight striker had a transfer request rejected by the Carrow Road club.
Holt’s shock move on Friday has put rival Premier League clubs on alert, with Sunderland and Aston Villa said to be among the frontman’s admirers.
But sources close to Holt have insisted that no other club is involved in the dispute, leading to suggestions that the Cumbrian is pushing for a better deal with Norwich.
The 31-year-old and his agent are reportedly set for talks with the club today.
Holt fired 17 goals in all competitions last season and was the second-highest English scorer in the Premier League behind Wayne Rooney.
Norwich chief executive David McNally confirmed on Twitter that the club had “immediately” rejected Holt’s transfer request.
The striker has two years to run on his current deal.
- Steve Bruce now leads the betting for the vacant manager’s job at Hull. The former Sunderland chief is 2/1 with some bookmakers for a post which has also seen Blues boss Greg Abbott linked.
Carlisle have insisted they have not received any formal approach from the Championship club, who are expected to step up their search this week.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 21 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)